1.22.2009

Successes and Failures

Success: Waking up at 6:30, leaving by 7:37, getting to the train station without Tali by 7:49, taking the train, arriving to Copenhagen by 8:07, then not getting lost on my way to DIS. ALL BY MYSELF!!!! Hooray! I'm pretty sure this was the biggest success of my life, and I'm not even kidding. I can navigate Copenhagen! And I think I'm getting to know the city really well, too.

Success: All of my homework was read and done. Sweet!


Success: My homework for Friday's been done, and I've already started on my homework for Monday!

Success: All of the classes I chose were entertaining, exciting, and definitely interesting. My professors all seem interesting and fairly engaging.

Success: I impressed my H.C. Andersen teacher - but she seems kind of out of it - she couldn't spell Oprah today. We tried to tell her, but she kept getting stuck at O-R-P-H-A. Kind of a big failure for her. We really weren't sure. So it kind of makes me doubt that my points actually WERE "great".

Success: I walked into the class and sat next to a girl and introduced myself. Her name was Caroline, and it turns out we had already met at the airport, because she'd lost her luggage, too! She seemed really nice there, and I had been hoping to run into her again.

Success: I've made basically the best friend that I'll meet on this trip. It's Sarah from Texas. We went out to lunch today and had Tiramisu and wine. This is the second day we've hung out for 3-5 hours at a time, and we have a great time. We're already planning a trip out of the country. Hopefully we won't lose our luggage when we go - she lost hers, too! Lame, Newark.

Success: Sarah and I met in our Communication and Mass Media class -- aka, we're going to LONDON, BABY!
note: Kate and Liz - I'm counting on you to catch that Friends reference.

Failure: I bought a dress.

Success: I bought a dress for 139 Kroner (around $22!!)

Failure: I tried to take out 1,000 Kroner today, which is equivalent to around $180. I had also bought the dress on the card, so my total was $200. It wouldn't let me do that, because it said I'd already taken out too much. Then I tried 500 Kroner, but that still didn't work for the same issue - I don't understand how taking out LESS than $100 is too much in a day. Anyway, I contacted Key to figure out what's going on.

Success: So far, I've spent less around $80 -- how's that for amazing???

Success: I think I'm getting used to everything really well. Things are going incredibly smoothly, and I never thought I would love it this much.

Failure: Still have yet to hear back about getting into Morten's class....Double darn.

Success: Only one class tomorrow for an hour and twenty minutes!

Failure: It's 8:30 - 9:50 - too early. Lame. Bigger failure: I have 8:30s every day. Bigger Lame.

Failure: I only got around four hours of sleep last night.

Failure: I'm only going to get 6.5 tonight.

Success: I've blogged ALMOST every day, but have blogged ABOUT every day.

Success: Many more successes than failures on this list, hooray!

Failure: I'm falling asleep.


Lots of love,
Your favorite Asian in Denmark

2 comments:

  1. "That's not going to get annoying." - Chandler

    Glad to hear you're succeeding more than you're failing abroad -- especially in regards to navigation. And nice work keeping on top of your homework -- I have tons of reading to do that I need to keep on top of as well. You're inspiring me.

    I hope you're able to get plenty of sleep over the weekend, and glad, as always, that things are going well <3

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post a different friends reference from the same episode haha
    Chandler:You got your passport?
    Joey: Yeah, in my third drawer in my dresser. You don't want to lose that.

    I'm proud of you for doing your homework. I'm not. I wanted to tell you that today at Barnes and Noble, my cafe waiter guy looked like Paul Rudd (so now I love him). ALSO, I'm watching Dr. Who right now. Be proud

    ReplyDelete