1.21.2009

Love, Alaska, Homework, and Horoscopes

Today was another wonderful day in Copenhagen. We had to get up pretty early for our Survival Danish Part II, but at least today we caught the train in time, and even made it to the classroom at 9:00...perfect timing! Danish today was fun, our professor bought us danishes and I've definitely learned a lot already. I think my host parents are actually impressed with how much I remember, and I definitely don't think Danish is as hard as everyone else thinks. It's really easy for me, but maybe it's just because I've taken a language before...I don't know.


On the downside, I've fallen in love. My Danish professor, Morten Eg...something...is just wonderful. I guess the downside is that I don't have him as a Danish professor ever again. I've heard the woman I'm stuck with is really, really strict. Luckily, we don't have class until Tuesday, so I'm holding onto hope that four people will drop out of Morten's class so I can have it with him. Besides, out of all of the [lucky] men I choose to marry, he's the most likely to happen - fate & the universe hate me. Lame.

After, a whole bunch of the SLU kids sat together, so Alex and I went off to make a new friend instead of clumping... her name was Alex, and she was the first person I found who was in Communication and Mass Media (Massemedier og Kommunikation). We went to class and met some really cool girls, all from ridiculous states. There's Sara from ALASKA (HA...and she doesn't like Sarah Palin...), Sarah from Texas, and Gwen from Idaho. Our class seems interesting enough, and we get to go to some awesome places. We'll be headed to Odense (!!!!!! Hans Christian Andersen's home city!!!!!), and Ahoren, which is the second largest city in Denmark. That's our shrot study tour from February 5th - 7th. Then in late March, we'll be headed to Oxford and London, and we'll even get a chance to see BBC I think - pretty cool, yeah? I'm definitely really excited. Plus, the girls are really cool, and I'm glad to have met them.

After class, Sarah from Texas (and a student at Tufts) decided to go shopping for a little while (Tali was in session until 5, I was until 3), and a little while turned into three hours. We had a really great time, and I'm definitely glad I met her...it'll be nice to have a friendly face in class tomorrow. We have a lot in common, and we clicked really fast. We went to this amazing little coffee shop and I had a "Caffe Latte Tiramisu"....it was probably the BEST thing I've ever tasted in my entire life. Ever. When we finally left after about an hour of chatting, we went out to wander around and shop a little more, and there were all these wonderful musicians around the streets. It almost reminded me of Church Street, but more classical music. It gave it this entirely European feel, and it's made me fall even more in love with the city.

We eventually met up with Tali and Sarah left to go back home and do all of our homework (LAME), and we wandered around Copenhagen a little bit more. We stopped at an Australian bar to catch up a little and relax with a glass of wine before going home and facing all of our readings for classes. Unfortunately, after not having drank for a little while, we both got a little light headed, and were probably a little too giggily at dinner when we finally got home to our host parents, but I think they think we're a little strange anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

We ate dinner with our Lene and Lars (obviously), and then started our homework...got distracted a lot by each other and chatting with our host parents. We read some gossip magazines about the royal family with Lene, and she translated our horoscopes for us...it was fun. They're really relaxed about what we do - they just want us to call before 5:00 if we plan on going out for dinner or whatever. It's a nice way to live, and things are still going really, really well. My readings were actually really fun - I think I'm really going to enjoy all of my classes.

Now that we've finally finished our homework, I'm sitting here blogging because I'm an idiot - I've got to catch a 7:49 train to get to class on time - gross. I'll be up in 7ish hours, and I might just add that setting my alarm for 6:35a.m. wasn't so much fun. Our first day of classes is tomorrow, so hopefully they'll go well - News Media and Transition, Virtual Words and the Digital Consumer, and Hans Christian Andersen: The Golden Age. Friday is Photojournalism and NO DANISH! So I'm done classes at 9:50... weird.

Anyway, I miss you all! Lots of love!

4 comments:

  1. Soooooooooo, I was just curious if you added the "she's a student at Tufts" thing for me. Haha, because is that relevant to anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe it would be relevant to Planb, since she apparently knows me life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so blogger fails at comments. I can't delete or edit them...which I find insane, since comment 1 made it sound like I don't like boys, and comment 2 had a typo! ::Is angry at blogger::

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judge? Ha.

    And yeah...I asked for you. Luckily she doesn't know either. Don't worry, always have you in mind!! xx

    ReplyDelete