5.14.2009

...

I told you I'd be updating a lot more now that I have to pack. This is the second time in one day - that's right. That's how much I HATE packing. I'd rather be sitting here telling you all about NOTHING than throwing stuff into organized piles.

On the brightside, I've at least accomplished something. My clothes are now arranged into two piles - things that Stefan has to take back to the States, and things that I have to fit into two suitcases. Though now I'm wondering - will it really be that hard? I'm not sure. It seems easy enough, so I guess I'll just work on it. It doesn't seem like I have hardly anything - I guess it helps that I'll have used six bottles of Shampoo/Conditioner by the time I leave this country...and I guess other things have gone as well.

And, even better, cleaning has benefitted! I have found:

-The train map that I've been looking for since January
-100 Kroner!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!
-$47!! It was really, REALLY nice to see American currency again - it's so funny though, I've forgotten what it looks like in the past four months. It looks foreign to me now, and that's just weird. It's strange that it's all the same size, the same color, and that there are no holes in the coins - so I guess I'll even miss Danish currency when I'm back in the States.
-All my city maps!
-Some Nyquil..................excellent

Also - In Denmark, it's 11:11, but I can't figure out if I'm allowed to make a wish on that, because in military time, it's 23:11. I'm wondering if that means in the morning I can make wishes on 11:11, and then at night, I have to make wishes at 22:22.

Any insight?

Anyway, I'm off to bed finally. Tomorrow is the DIS concluding ceremony - I can't wait to be done with it for good. I turned in my books today, but accidentally forgot one of Janis' that I didn't use all semester - damn. DIS is dragging out it's time with me - not cool. But tomorrow, I will be 100% DONE, no more DIS classes (namely: Photojournalism and News Media in Transition), no more silly e-mails from DIS about "Hygge Movie Nights", and thank GOD, no more field studies! Hooray!

I'll probably update again tomorrow, to procrastinate some more from studying...but then again, maybe not. It'll be a busy week with DIS ending, me moving, and tons of goodbye parties that I'm invited to, but not actually saying goodbye. It's sad to see the friends from the States I've met go home, but it makes me happy to stay in Denmark for just a little longer when I see how sad they are to go.

On the other hand though, it makes me really, REALLY homesick when they talk about how excited they are to be leaving to see their home states again. I'm caught somewhere in the middle - grateful to stay, but counting down the days until home - so I guess I'm happy, and am looking forward to something. Good place to be in for now!

Rambling will stop now - sorry. Have a good night!

1 comment:

  1. Insight...you can't wish on military time...it has something to do with peace...fighting, you know stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete