3.03.2009

Danishes and Danish...?

Today's already been a great day, even though it's only 12:51.

It started off with an 8:30 class in Photojournalism, which usually is miserable, but our professor wasn't there today. Instead, we had danishes, coffee, and watched Flags of our Fathers. It was a good way to start off the day.

Since Tali had a class canceled next, I had promised her I would go with her to her photojournalism subject - a man who works renting bikes to people, and all the profits go to African Bicycle Ambulances. He ended up fitting me for a bike and told me to go for a ride to see how I liked it. Tali and I ended up taking a loop around a small part of the city, and it was wonderful. I'm now the proud renter of a little red bike, and am very happy about it. After we left (and she had gotten some good shots for class....note: I have yet to take any more pictures...), we took a little spin around a small park and enjoyed the lovely weather today. Having a bike makes me feel even more immersed in the culture - maybe I'm on my way to becoming Danish!

In about an hour, I'm going to meet Stefan at his Kollegium, and we're going over to his sister's place in Copenhagen so I can meet his mother, sister, sister's boyfriend, and her baby, Sylvestser. Nerve wracking - meeting parents and families is fun for me, but I've never tried it cross-culturally, or with a language barrier!

Ahhh.

Anyway, tomorrow Tali and I have plans to explore Denmark by bike - she's going to show me how to ride to Copenhagen, and then from there we're going to venture out to see the Little Mermaid statue...very exciting! Hopefully this gorgeous sunny weather will last!

No comments:

Post a Comment