2.19.2009

Zoos, Dates, and Pamphlets

Hmm...I'm trying to think of what's happened since I last wrote..

On Wednesday, Tali and I actually both had the day entirely off again, so that was really nice. We decided to take a trip to the zoo, which was REALLY fun...we watched a polar bear eat a rabbit, saw some seals...I mean honestly, it was a typical zoo, just more opened up. We still had a great time there, and spent a few hours just wandering around.

Sorry, that's really un-exciting.

Stefan and I went on our first "real" date last night, which was fun, we started at Studenterhuset for a drink, then moved onto a Moroccan restaurant, then went out to a bar for another drink. When I got in around 11:15, I didn't have much energy to finish my Danish homework, so I went to bed, and got up super early to do it today...lame.

Lately, photojournalism is like the lamest thing of my life. I don't really have a confirmed subject, so I always have to ask people if I can take their picture, and it's always really awkward. Tomorrow we have a "relationship" shot due, which means that I have to get my subject interacting with someone else. I wandered around the streets for a really absurdly long time, trying to get up the courage to ask two people that looked like they had good interactions. Unfortunately, no one struck me as interesting. Finally, as I was walking home after deciding to give up completely, a woman handed me a pamphlet. She and her friend created a teeny newspaper (that's like, three pieces of computer paper, folded) that eductates people about unknown things in politics around the world - sorry, that's the best I can explain.

Anyway, they insisted on buying me a beer (at like 3:30), and we talked for awhile, and finally, I photographed them. I got some really nice shots, so it was a successful day.

As a reward, I bought myself a new dress.

But it was only $20!!

So it's alright.

xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment