2.24.2009

Shocking!

Yesterday was a fun day, which ended with a movie (Pineapple Express) and dinner cooked by one of Stefan's friends, an ex-chef from Pakistan, Seamus. It was REALLY good - and coupled with waffle fries, my tummy was totally satisfied. In the afternoon, we went out for coffee after classes, and started to wander around the city. The day was so pretty that we ended up just taking a very enjoyable walk around the King's gardens by his summer castle. Picturesque, as usual. Wonderful date, as usual.

My classes are STILL boring - what a shocker. I had a test in my News Media and Transition class that I thought I did pretty poorly on - I wasn't really expecting much higher than a B. I was really nervous when my professor started handing back grades, most that I saw weren't much higher than a B+...and these are the smart kids, so I figured I'd just be totally screwed. At this point in time, I wasn't really expecting any higher than a C, but when Mike handed my test back, I was shocked to see the grade: A-!

It's actually been a somewhat intimidating class, only because a lot of the kids are Mass Media & Communication majors - which really isn't up my alley at all. I'm definitely more of the interpersonal communication on a smaller scale, so it's been a lot of new information for me. Basically, I'm really happy that I pulled that off on my first test here in Denmark!

The next test coming up is Danish, and that exam takes place over next Monday and next Thursday - written, then oral. I'm definitely nervous for that, but only because it'll be recorded. I have a new friend in that class, and Tali and I are actually going out with her tonight since we don't have classes until 3 tomorrow.

I've gotta run and pull myself together before we head out on the town, but I'll talk to you all soon!

love & kisses!


No comments:

Post a Comment