2.22.2009

Wonderful Copenhagen

So I'm finally feeling the "Welcome to Wonderful Copenhagen" sign. I've been in love with this city and country for quite a few weeks, but this weekend really made me feel 100% at home.

Stefan and I spent most of the weekend together, cooking, walking, pet-store-ing, shopping, exploring - it was so much fun. The pet store we went to was called Zoo Zity, and it was probably the best date we've been on yet - ridiculously cool. It had little caves, tons and tons of different animals (monkeys!), and a giant aquarium with tons of sharks. It was soo big, and so much fun to hang out in for a little while...here are some pictures:



Parrot...Sign says: "Careful! Parrot bites."


The giant aquarium with all of the sharks...


Yeah. It was amazing. I've been having the time of my life this past week, and Copenhagen is looking more and more like my future home. I've fallen completely in love with it, and I'm not sure that leaving in three months will even be an option - in my first entry, I said that I wasn't coming back because of airplanes - now I'm not because my greatest love is this city.

Bartending last night was definitely a lot of fun - it was all girls behind the bar for our shift. Emily, Alix and I were together again, and then we worked with a Polish girl named Magda, and our boss for the night was Anya. They were so much fun, and I don't think I screwed anything up - I learned how to make a pretty decent Irish coffee, too. I learned how to pour two beers at once on tap with no foam - pretty cool, right? I signed up to work again on the 7th of March, so that should be fun - I signed up with my friend Lizzie, who I met on the plane over here. It's been really nice to keep in touch with her, but unfortunately we don't get to see each other very often. It'll be the third time that I'll be working, so that means I start getting free coffee and tea whenever I go to Studenterhuset. That's really nice for me because I actually go there a lot in the daytime as well - meeting up with friends for coffee, or just to do homework in general. Hopefully it'll be a little bit of a money saver.

Today in Denmark is a holiday called Festelavns - it's the Dane's version of Halloween...well, it's like US Halloween combined with Cinco de Mayo (Sp?), because the kids dress up in costumes and hit at a barrel filled with candy with sticks. It's pretty cute. Tali and I went with Lene today to see our town's little celebration, which was fun. If I were a little kid in Denmark I'd be pumped - after they hit the barrel, they go around to the houses and sing - instead of getting candy, the Danes get money...pretty awesome, I wish we got money for trick-or-treating when we were little!

Everything is going well, classes are still dull. I got an A on my first paper for the semester - I was pretty upset about it, so I asked the professor what I did wrong, but I guess DIS doesn't use A+s, because A is the highest grade - so I guess that's good.

I guess that's about it with me...and unfortunately, this week holds almost nothing of interest. Tomorrow Stefan and I are meeting up after our classes to take a look at the museums around the city. I've only seen a few, so it should be a lot of fun!

Love from your American Girl in Denmark

1 comment:

  1. You should have bought a monkey and been like Ross. End of story.

    ReplyDelete